Ever wondered if you can be hypnotised?
You can be, and whether you know it or not, you're in and out of trance states multiple times every day!
Here’s what hypnosis isn’t.
It isn’t sleep……or mind control……or magic……or dangerous……or new age hocus pocus……. or even therapy.
Here’s what it is.
It is a safe and highly beneficial form of relaxation for mind and body (although you can be both mentally and physically tense and still be in trance) that you can create in yourself, or permit another person to create it for you.
Simply put, it is a shift of your attention from the external world around you, to your internal world of thoughts and feelings.
All my individual clients have successfully benefited from hypnosis, regardless of their reason for counseling with me.
The benefits of trance are easy to track.
In a hypnotic trance:
- You have a marked receptiveness to ideas.
- An increased willingness to respond to those ideas.
- Your inner critical voice is muted.
- You become more relaxed.
- Applying newly learned strategies is far easier to do.
- Therefore, your self-esteem improves noticeably.
- Which benefits you, by reducing the time and expense usually required to reach your goal.
A Brief Explanation
- Hypnosis is a normal and common state of mind.
- You go in and out of hypnosis every day, usually with your eyes wide open
- You don’t even realize you’re in trance!
- For instance, if you’re driving to work using the same route you always take, and you become aware of new construction along the route that you do can not recall having seen before,
- Or you're listening to music that engrosses you and your leg goes to “sleep”.
- Or become so fully absorbed reading a book that you fail to hear someone call your name……
- All because you are in a naturalistic light, eyes open, hypnotic state.
The point is, you are never helpless in a trance state.
If you really need to, or want to, you can easily wake yourself up from your trance