I’ll help you with:
- Ever get an attack of the “what ifs”?
- What if I never meet the right one?
- What if I interview badly?
- What if they laugh at me?
- Or maybe you’re so shy you hold yourself back.
- Do you often settle for what you get, and give up what you want?
- Do you lose sleep from anxiously worrying about something.
- Do you have a constant fear of being judged by others?
These situations are all examples of low self-esteem or self-image which have many overlapping features.
- Self-image focuses how you see your body
- Self-esteem focuses on how you feel about yourself.
Low self-esteem is the more important of the two because it is usually the underlying cause of irrational fears, anxiety, depression, loneliness, out of control anger or eating, and addictive behaviors.
These numerous conditions are fueled by experiences from childhood that create shame and/or guilt, two of the most powerfully corrosive emotions to a child’s self-esteem.
Positive self-image is attainable through effort and maintenance. I serve my clients by:
- Neutralizing old triggers
- Identifying forgotten strengths
- Teaching new coping skills which enhance self-respect.
As one’s self-esteem is restored, the ability to participate in mutually rewarding relationships of respect, love, and intimacy, grows.
"I’m pleased to tell you that I’ve had a great deal of luck since leaving Sacramento, and I can’t help thinking that the hypnosis you did with me had something to do with it. I also have continued the affirmations you gave me and I know they’ve been effective." P.C.
"My Sister-in-Law, a social worker at Sutter Memorial, is referring people to you because she felt you had given me such competent guidance at some very critical times in my life." G.D.
"I just wanted to thank you for all the help you gave me in dealing with so many different areas of my life." P.R.
"My father passed away a few months ago and I wanted to drop you a line to tell you how grateful I am for helping me deal with his illness and his passing. I was so afraid I’d be devastated after his death, but that hasn’t happened. While I am sad, I mostly feel calm and peaceful. Thank you for helping me make this surprising change." S.H.R.
"When I came to you I was overeating, depressed and feeling overwhelmed by everything going on in my life. After my first conversation with you, I felt calmer and hopeful. I’m so glad that our work together uncovered things about myself, which no longer served me and freed me to absorb the new approaches you taught me. I have been having more fun in my life than I ever believed possible." O.L.